"Global Beer: The Road to Monopoly” is a 117-page monograph written by AAI Research Fellow and economist Bernard Ascher that describes and analyzes beer competition in a comprehensive way, including:
• the history of the beer industry’s domestic and global consolidation
• the effects of antitrust policy in shaping the industry
• the nature and effects of the Post-Prohibition three-tier distribution system, administered by each of the 50 states
• the emergence of specialty craft brewers
• the influence of advertising, brand loyalty, quality, and price in competition
• the potential of a megamerger between ABInBev and SABMiller
The report can be downloaded below or purchased in paperback form for $12.00 here.