On May 11th, AAI President Diana Moss will moderate a plenary panel at the International Competition Network (ICN) Annual Meeting in Porto, Portugal. Moss's panel is Advocacy Strategy in Traditional and New Markets: Which Differences? Panelists will address challenges in planning and implementing advocacy strategies in "traditional” markets where players, industry features and competition issues are well known to competition agencies, as opposed to new or emerging markets in which competition authorities may struggle to grasp an understanding of the emerging business models and innovations and their impact on the competitive dynamics. The panel will discuss whether novel markets demand novel strategies and, if so, what those strategies are and whether established advocacy methods remain relevant regardless of the market to which they apply.
Panelists include the leaders of five competition authorities:
* Francis Kariuki, Director General, Kenya Competition Authority, Kenya
* Gabriella Muscolo, Commissioner, Italian Competition Authority, Italy
* Nuno Rocha de Carvalho, Member of the Board, Portuguese Competition Authority (AdC), Portugal
* Rod Sims, Chairman, Australian Competition and Consumer Policies Commission (ACCC), Australia
* Han Li Toh, Chief Executive, Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS), Singapore
Learn more about the ICN Annual Meeting here.